Saturday, December 01, 2007

Driving in Spain




Oh my goodness!!!
Last Saturday, I took it upon myself to volunteer to be one of the drivers for our youth trip to Valladolid. Well we didn´t have any other choices. I drove Bro. Julio Cesar sister's manual transmission car on a 2 hour youth trip!!!
Well you see I don´t usually drive cars with a manual tranmission... in fact it was my second time driving a stick shift and the first time was more than a year ago. needless to say!!! we

went out to practice the night before!!! first thing to happen was that we had to stop at a redlight on a slope!!! the car was going backwards and I was "Asustada" frightened! I paniced and pleaded with Bro. Julio to come out and push the car to a flat surface while a line of impatient drivers awaited behind me!!! well thats how we began the trip. We took off off after the push and to the airport went to pick up another rental and the rest is history!!! I Proudly annouce that after much prayer, much stalling, the two hour trip, the return through the foggy mountains and searching for 2 hours to find a spot to park. I can somewhat drive a manual transmission car!!!!
HOOOOORAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY

In the picture can see Bro. Alex and the team of back seat drivers that helped me along the way!

Sis. Trecina
Your AIMer to Spain

Oh by the way! The services in Valladolid were awesome. The Lord moved in a mighty way. The youth from Madrid we able to be a great blessing to that church which is a daughter work.... the Lord moved in the spirit of giving in one of the services and we collected 1500 euros. aproximately $2,175.00 for their Building Fund. To God Be the Glory!!!

No comments: